Saturday, December 01, 2007

First Step

Admitting you have a problem is the first step, or at least it is at AA. I am not sure if it qualifies for everything. Yesterday I had to admit that I have a problem. I am not going to be able to save all of the students I have had, have and will have in the future. I have been pretending that I could all this time. Well, maybe not pretending. I have been doing my best. I have worked hours past my salaried time, worried constantly, called parents and counselors, written letter after letter, and yesterday I went on my first home visit.

As I went back to school after talking with the mom and student I did some heavy thinking and realized that I have been trying to save them all. All of this is to say that I am really considering going to a prep school next year instead of a public school. I am so exhausted that I fell asleep with a bad migraine at 8:15 and slept until 8 this morning. I was so out of it last night I fell asleep in Sarah's bed (the small one) and she couldn't get me to move.

So I think after this year I am going to take a break from saving all the children I come into contact with and take a less stressful gig if that's possible.

Anyway, at least I have admitted I have a problem. Now when I go over board I can name the reason why :-)

1 comment:

Sarah Knapp said...

I'll totally be your sponsor man!