Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cedric goes to School

For those who are unaware this is Cedric the gnome. He has lived with Sarah and I for just over three years and is a little crazy. This photo was taken when he went to see Gnomeo and Juliet. This past week I have been in a 6th grade classroom and I had the students do some get to know you activities. One of them is a wanted poster where they take the concept of an old fashioned wanted poster and create one for someone in the class with all kinds of biographical info. It is basically them interviewing each other but I like this because they can get creative and assign rewards and such. I usually get Sarah to draw one for an example and this year she drew one for Cedric. It was hilarious to me but I didn't know how the kids would respond. They laughed when I showed it to them and I thought it went over well until today. Today I learned it went over REALLY well! Several of the wanted posters refer to Cedric in one way or another but my favorite was the student who was "Wanted" for stealing him, complete with his own picture and description. It was so fun to see them take to something in this way and have fun with it. It was one of those moments that make the other moments worth it.

No comments: