Sunday, September 17, 2006

Thieves among us

I hate missing working. Now, I know most people don' t say that but I have a special job. See, the way I see it is that there is never enough time when you are a teacher. There are always benchmarks to reach and books you want to read and fun things you hope you get to. When you are gone there are not enough chances to do the rest. For this reason, most teachers will tell you they don't like being gone. Also because inevitably (not anyone's fault) things get messed up, stolen, dirty, unorganized and there is major chaos upon returning.

I went to school today to get lesson plans ready for the sub this week and I am distraught. But it will be my students who will be distraught when I return and they experience the wrath of Ms. Knapp for stealing my stuff. The stuff I buy. The stuff I allow them to use. I am very angry now so I will quit before I say things I will regret. Let me just say this, any bad day at work for me is better than missing work unless of course Mc. Dreamy whisks me away to Hawaii.

3 comments:

Sarah Knapp said...

McDreamy? Hawaii? NO FAIR;-)

Anonymous said...

There will be no whisking by McDreamy since he is taking me to the Riviera this weekend. Unless McSteamy comes around, then you can have McDreamy. :-) Sus

Laura said...

Somebody save me a doc. I don't watch the show, so you'll have to pick one for me