Saturday, October 28, 2006

End of an Era

I don't think I was ever cut out to be a salesperson, at least not on a commission. Some people are. I have the opportunity to work with, learn from and see some amazing women who have made insane amounts of money selling Mary Kay, not just the product but the dream. I am not one of those women.

I gave it a good try, I worked very hard when I lived back home and I was pretty successful. Mary Kay came along at a time in my life when I needed a self-esteem push and something to do. I guess it would have been cheaper to take up knitting or something but as Sarah reminded me this morning, when I decide something it is impossible to stop me - good or bad.

Today after a very unsuccessful open house and attempt at starting my business here in Yuma, I have made yet another decision. I am going to stop selling Mary Kay. Now really the only difference that will make in my life is that instead of feeling guilt over what I should be doing I won't feel the guilt anymore. I have a lot of product to get rid of and things that I have to do before I hand in my lipstick for good but I think I will start to phase out of the cosmetic industry. I really do like MK and the company and I believe in the product. I just think it is not going to make me a millionaire at this point in my life.

Sarah is disappointed in me because 1. She likes to play store and 2. She thinks I am giving up without a fight. Maybe I am but maybe I am tired of fighting, maybe I will go fight something else.

1 comment:

Sarah Knapp said...

Yes I do like to play store but I will always support you, regardless of your decision or the road you take. It'll work out however it's supposed to in the end - it always does:-)
Love, S.