Monday, February 26, 2007

Random Thoughts!

* I have made marked improvement in my scorekeeping ability for middle school!

* Support groups are dangerous - I belong to one online for people with migraines and one of the members wrote today about wanting to commit suicide. I suddenly realized how much we can influence other people.

* My students are actually excited about writing poetry and making poetry books. Personally I think it is more about not wanting to write essays than anything but I will take what I can get.

* I spent over 14 hours at work this weekend and still didn't get all caught up - and people say being a teacher is easy, please!

* Good news on the tax return front, I came out about 600 dollars ahead which is great, now I can pay my car insurance next month

* I tried to exercise this morning and the same thing happened as the last time I went to the gym, my head almost exploded. Apparently I cannot handle the blood flow so I have to think of somehting much slower to make me lose weight, any magical tips???

* We are no longer boycotting Wal-mart, but our relationship is tense. Our grocery bill more than doubled when we stopped for a month so back to the large, horrible, noisy store we go. I went shopping yesterday all by myself and I wore Sarah's ipod. It helped cut out the noise and make the experience more tolerable.

* Only 3 more weeks until vacation and one more observation for the year, the last one was terrible, I really don't know why people bother telling you when they think you are bad at your job, I think they should just fire you. It would be easier. There is a new Wal-mart opening in Yuma, the 3rd one! I was thinking about applying, I thought it would be less hassle than my job but then I went there and remembered how much I couldn't stand it.

* Had a great time with friends Friday and Saturday, it was nice to kick back and laugh about nothing for a while.

Good night (it's only ten but I am sleepy!!)

3 comments:

Sarah Knapp said...

I love that your relationship with Walmart is tense:-) Hil-ar-ious!

brickmomma said...

that's why you should come to TExas! There is a new supertarget opening for you to apply at!

Laura said...

I conked out at 9:00 last night - I had been staring at a computer so long at work and at home that my eyes hurt.

Ugh!!