Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Cupid's Craze!!!

School was crazy today! Down here Valentine's Day is the biggest holiday of them all, bigger than Christmas and Halloween put together. Our principal was out today and her office was used as storage for all of the bears, balloons and candy that were delivered to school. They couldn't be passed out until the last hour of the day because they are distracting in class, go figure! Her office was full, there were bears that were bigger than me!

The day went well, the kids were a little crazy but since we were all letting them eat candy I guess we had only ourselves to blame:-) I subbed for P.E., that was fun. We played Love Ball, otherwise known as dodge ball with the twist of whomever you hit is your Valentine. It was cute to see the boys try to hit the girls as hard as possible and then turn away sheepishly.

In other news, we were learning how to use our thesaurus' today to write descriptive essay's and I asked my class to come up with synonyms for the word hot. One student said pimping hot. I thought this was weird but we take all answers in my class so I wrote it on the board, it wasn't until later that I discovered the entry actually read piping hot which is entirely different and doesn't fit with the sentence we were working on at all. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

I know I have been out of the blogger seen for a while but Sarah was sick, then I was sick and my headaches and anxiety are not cooperating. I am now taking adavan which is pretty heavy duty because I had a major panic attack last week and had to be relieved of duty from my room because I was having chest pains. I then spent the next 36 hours in bed with Sarah periodically giving me shots in my butt. My doctor wants me to get counseling I cannot imagine why.

Let's see...I have started taking Flintstone vitamins because Sarah's doctor said that was still good even if you didn't take real adult vitamins. I remember them tasting alot better. I am trying to give them to a person who has children but Sarah says I have to eat them, yuck!

Right now I am working on a presentation for Friday. There is a big professional Development Day on Friday that the whole county attends. There are lots of workshops and all the teachers show up and go to three. I am presenting at one with a colleague about vocabulary. We started working on it today, nothing like waiting until the last minute.

Jewel Qwest! If you don't have this game for your computer you have to get it! It is fantastic. My mom got it for Christmas and I loaded it on my computer here in Arizona and it is addicting. I love it, seriously you have to play it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it sounds like you've had quite the adventures lately. I'm sorry for giving you a hard time about not blogging. I hope you're doing better now. -Sus

brickmomma said...

jewel quest rocks!!

Laura said...

I'm still laughing over 'pimping hot'. That is really funny. And then I laughed because I pictured Sarah having to give you shots in the butt. (Best line from "Bird on a Wire": "Look who's back, and shot in the butt!")
And then I laughed with the way you said "I cannot imagine why."

I hope you are feeling better and I am not laughing about the panic attack or your headaches lately. I wish I could help!!! Take care of yourself! I know you do!