Sunday, March 12, 2006

How many brain cells do I have left???????

I wish I could tell you how my brain works, it is like there are 29 things going on at once and I move from one to the other so quickly that I forget 28 things at a time. I know there was something particular I wanted to blog about tonight but I just can't remember. Does anyone else have that problem? I forget things a lot, my students think I have a brain tumor but I keep trying to tell them that the reality is that I am just forgetful. Like, for instance, I have already lost my train of thought just writing this.

My stomach hurts today, it is hard to explain. Now I know this particular feeling is anxiety. Years ago, before I knew the neurosis that is my mind, I wouldn't have known that. There is no particular reason for it today, it was a pretty good, uneventful day, but it is still there. I think it is even causing me to write in run on sentences.

I have a theory (stop groaning), that I can really start to feel the anxiety when I am calm, when I don't have anything in particular to worry about or to do. I am very caught up at work, my grades are done and aren't do until Wednesday. I have nothing urgent to do and yet I feel like there is something, something that I really need to do but can't remember. Well, unfortunately now you know what it is like inside my head.

I read a book yesterday, the first one in quite sometime, it was fun and I am planning on doing it again soon. But now I must prepare for the week. Two basketball games, ending the quarter, hair cut and color, nails done, lesson plans for next week and yes, I did just write my to do list. Sorry, my mind wondered again.

I feel like I should tell you a story to make up for how boring this was and to reward you for the fact that you are still reading. So here's a story. I have lost my financial information for last year. I got it all ready, double checked, stuffed it in an envelope and sent it to the post office and somehow, it is just my luck, it never got to the accountant in Kalamazoo. Now, I am a pretty responsible person, I have never driven drunk or stolen anything, I always tip 15 or 20 percent. I follow through and do what I am asked. But for some reason, it never dawned on me to make copies of the most important thing I would mail this year. Please don't ask me what I was thinking or tell me that I should always make copies. I know that now. So this week I have to go back and try to reconstruct the year that was me financially. I tried to file an extension but my accountant assures me I will not need one. She also told me to have everything faxed directly to her office, which although is a good idea, it seems a bit patronizing. I mean after all, it wasn't me who lost the envelope, it was the post office, which is a blog for another day.

Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

Sarah Knapp said...

Forgetfulness: could be a sign of anxiety or denial or too many Mexican margaritas;-)
Here's your smile for the day:
(From Kindergarten Cop)
Detective John Kimble: I have a headache.
Lowell: It might be a tumor.
Detective John Kimble: It's not a tumor!
Love, S.

Anonymous said...

I think we should plan something big at the Yuma post office. Today I almost burnt down Save-A-Lot, so maybe it is the criminal mind that I somewhow have today that is talking.

Anonymous said...

Hey you never know when those tumors can crop up. How many have I had now? :-) --Sus