Wednesday, March 08, 2006

So much has happened since I last wrote to you! I took Sarah to Mexico and I got stuck in the bathroom, we weren't allowed to flush toilet paper and I found out you cannot use Blockbuster coupons in Mexico. It was a definite learning experience. That was Saturday evening which we spent with my friends. Then on Monday we went to Los Algodones, the marketplace. It was exciting and I got a turtle, that I have fondly named Pedro after my first Mexican friend.
While we were there we saw a young boy (6 or 8???) who was holding the change basket for a guy playing the accordian. Now, it was during the day so I was concerned as to why this young boy was not in school and I came to the conclusion (much later and a few margaritas had passed) that the Mexicans had messed up take your child to work day and had instead promoted make your child work day.
Tuesday we went horseback riding and I am still feeling it! Don't listen (or read) to anything Sarah says (or writes), my horse, Dunney, did not like me. In fact, he took a disliking to me at first sight. He was very short, yet every time I tried to get on he walked backward and jerked his head. Which is how I have a bruise on my chest. Those saddle horns are hard! Throughout the hour long trail ride, while George, (Sarah's trusty steed) was stopping to eat anything and everything, Dunney kept trying to get rid of me and refused to go where I tugged no matter how hard I kicked. It was fun but next time I think I will take some time to make sure my horse likes me.
Then we got to pick up Shannon's new puppy, Willy. He is sooooooooo cute!!!!! He is a brown and white lab, about 8 weeks old. He peed on my carpet. I have such a way with animals.
I have a great story to tell you about a bust I made at school today but it will have to wait. I have to finish working on my student achievement plan for career ladder so I don't get stuck on rung 1 and project runway is on at 10. Love you all and please leave comments so I know that I am not talking to myself!!!

3 comments:

Sarah Knapp said...

We need to talk to Shannon because I would have spelled Willy with an ie (Willie)!
Great stories, though yes, I do have my own versions:-) Hehe!
I think you should go visit Dunney again, and try to work on that relationship!
Love ya ~ and pat Pedro on the head for me.

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing the stolen goods were Powerade.... Real athletes wouldn't steal Gatorade...
Thanks to both you and S. for making me laugh out loud this afternoon.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should have started with the pony rides and worked your way up to the real deal. Sus