Sunday, March 05, 2006

I have been receiving gentle nudges again to write, sorry everybody! So while Sarah is in the shower (I am so happy she is here!!!!!) I will tell you a quick story. Last week my basketball team had a home game and I was running the clock again, which I am getting good at by the way! While the seventh grade was playing the eighth grade was watching or so I thought. Apparently one of the older brothers was there and decided it would be fun to break open the Powerade machine outside the gym. At which time my entire team (minus two who were not there) filled up backpacks and stole about half of the Powerade. No one was aware of this problem until the next day after second period when the first two gym classes cleaned the rest of it out.
When all was said and done our team had major punishment. They are forfeiting two games, doing trash duty at lunch for two weeks and paying for or returning any Powerade they took. The two games we are forfeiting were big games for us and a way to show how much we had improved. Let's just say the boys have done a lot of running in practice this week and will continue to do so.

No comments: