Thursday, June 08, 2006

Fun in the Sun!

I spent last weekend in San Diego and I have decided that when I save up some money I would like to live there for a while. It is the most beautiful place I have seen yet. There are mountains and the ocean and spectacular architecture. On Saturday when we got there we went to the runners expo where all these companies try andd get you to buy stuff that supposedly make you run faster and better.

Then we went to lunch and walked all around San Diego. It was so much fun and the ocean was beautiful. Then we met up with some other people, had dinner and went to bed early to be up at 5:30 for the race. I found a post office and got my stamps thank goodness, they have a really postal system in California.

Sunday we dropped Kim off for the race and then her boyfriend Gary and I chased her around all day and tried to find parking. They shut down all the major roads for the race so getting around is tricky. Gary and I had a good time watching all the runners and then we went to meet Kim at the finish line and he told the Marine checking my purse I had a bomb. Now, Gary is a plot in the Marine Corps and he is an officer so he thought he was being hilarious. I did not find it at all amusing especially when they said they were going to search me. He finally told them I was with him and we got through security.

Kim ran the race in 4 hours and 13 minutes which was a personal record for her and a fantastic time overall! There were 20,000 people in the race and she was 3083. After the race we went to submarine station where Gary had rented a room and Kim showered and we napped then we went to lunch and came home.

Now it is Thursday and the days are going sl....ow....ly I can't wait until next Thursday. The kids are crazy and it is hard to keep them busy especially when I don't want to teach them anything :-) Today we are writing letters to all the teachers about how good the year has been. I should get back the troops are getting restless.

No comments: