Friday, June 02, 2006

USPS (Useless, sucky postal service)

I have had yet another run in with the postal service. It seems like this particular government aganecy has been out to get me since the day I started writing letters. Now, as I live in Yuma, where donkey's carry the mail I find out they don't have postcard stamps. I made these great postcards on my computer for my Mary Kay sale and I needed stamps because I only have 23 cent ones and now it costs 24 cents (another dig!). So I went to the grocery store by my house, they only had regular stamps. Back in the car to another grocery store. This guys doen't even believe me that there are such things as postcard stamps! SoI came home and will attempt to find some in San Diego tommorrow - granting they have heard of postcards there! I am starting to understand why the post office workers have gone crazy in the past. And at this point, if you are still reading, you will say - why not jsut go tot he post office. Well I would except the Yuma post office closes at 4:00 which is the same time school gets out, making it impossible to go during the day. I am going to go midlessly watch television and think up terrible things I can do to thwart the post offices' obvious plan to drive us all POSTAL.

3 comments:

Sarah Knapp said...

Does the post office have a comment box? Because you could fill it every day;-) That would be a beginning of a twart! Hehe.

Anonymous said...

Here are a few links that may help your dilema:
For 20 24¢ stamps:
http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10152&storeId=10001&categoryId=11834&productId=22255&langId=-1

For 10 24¢ stamps:
http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10152&storeId=10001&categoryId=11834&productId=22257&langId=-1

For 100 24¢ stamps:
http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10152&storeId=10001&categoryId=11834&productId=22259&langId=-1

or

For 50 1¢ stamps:
http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10152&storeId=10001&categoryId=11834&productId=12913&langId=-1

And even finding these items were a "pane". The usps.gov site lists limited selections of stamps together. I had to view all stamps to find these and then they have unusable stamps listed way before you get to 1¢ and 24¢ stamps. Who wants a $5.00 stamp that you can't put in the mail? Someone needs to go postal on these guys again in the near future. I think a story as big as the Royal Oak Post office needs to hit the news again. Who knows maybe it will be in Yuma!

Anonymous said...

"Business hours" is the dumbest idea ever.