Monday, June 12, 2006

Intelligent???????

I have been so excited this weekend, our AIMS scores (Arizona Instrument to Measure Standards) cam in on Friday and my kids scored well above my expectations. I am so proud of them and the work they have done this year. Today I took icecream and donuts and we celebrated. Then, since we are still in school, I had them write autobiography alphabets. Basically you write a word or phrase for every letter of the alphabet that has something to do with you. We all had great fun doing this and coming up with words for the harder letters - X, Y, and Z. Many of my students wrote intelligent for I. Now, this is great because they are intelligent and I want them to have high self esteem but we had to make a rule that you could only write it if you could spell it correctly. This rule cut out many students I am afraid. It seemed as if no one could spell it. I found this highly amusing or maybe it was just the abnormal intake of sugar. Who knows but three more days and counting...

2 comments:

Gracie said...

Congrats on the scores! We are all so proud of you, because of the difference that you are making in the lives of those kids! I can't wait to see you.

Lots of love
Amanda

Sarah Knapp said...

That's awesome! What did they do for i instead?