Tuesday, August 22, 2006

60 Inches

Yesterday, a student was showing me a project he did for FACS class (home ec) and he had a drawing of his house. There was a 60 inch television in his bedroom. I asked him if that was true and he said it was. He has a 60 inch televsion in his room that he shares with no one and there is a 90 inch in their living room! I was really taken back by that!!!! I never had a televison in myroom when I was growing up - not until college. I guess times are changing though I wonder if this has anything to do with his severe ADHD and his inability to write. One of his accomodations is to have everything dictated for him. I am not really blaming the TV but I wonder if there is a connection.

2 comments:

Sarah Knapp said...

Of course there is a connection! And I am sure there is some X-box/Super something attached to the screen that is not helping the situation;-)

Anonymous said...

I was a little worried about the title to this entry. I thought that maybe you had your measuring tape out again. -Sus