Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Wet Spot

When I used to teach I n the elementary school it was not uncommon for a student to have an "accident" - to wet their pants. Now, while this is not uncommon in smaller children, it is not expected in older children. So imagine my surprise when a girl in my last block peed in her seat yesterday! Now, she didn't just let a little out by mistake, she all out made a puddle under her seat. It was really strange. I loaned her a jacket that I keep in my room and she tied it around her waist and went to the nurse to call home.

No one has mentioned this incident since but I really wonder why she didn't just ask me to go to the bathroom. I allow the students to go when they need to and I never get on them about it. So it was just weird. Anyway, I still haven't gotten my jacket back, I hope it is being washed!

No comments: