Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Church attempt # 3

I have discovered that I am as good at keeping a blog as I am at keeping a journal, which is not a greta comparison. However, I will try my best to keep up with it, I really like reading the comments.

So I went to church on Sunday. On Saturday I got a flier in the mail about this contemporary church that meeets in a school cafeteria. It advertised a welcoming, relaxed atmosphere with messages relevant to real life. I decided to give it a try since Faith had been on my mind so much lately. S oon Sunday morning I got up, dressed and drove to this school in the foothills (about 7 minutes from my house). I was greeted by several people and a woman that work with and her husband were also there. It was a great service with good music and friendly people.

I think I will go back for Easter, I enjoyed being a part of a worshipping community again and it reminded so much of Connexions (back in Kalamazoo) that is was wonderful to feel so at home in Yuma.

I should get back to the class, the troops are getting restless.

1 comment:

Sarah Knapp said...

Maybe if you go back for Easter you'll get more free food;-) J/K!!! God is awesome though isn't He?!?!?