Saturday, April 22, 2006

God is Good

I had a pretty crappy couple of weeks and then all of a sudden, bam! Good times ahead. Sarah got a job and gets to move here, I found a church I like, I have started the marathon training (12 miles this morning!) and my financial situation is starting to look up as well. I was a little stressed about paying for my plane ticket home this summer to drive back with Sarah and I didn't want to ask my parents because they have helped me out a lot this month already and then out of the blue my grandma calls today. We did the money dance, she asks if I need some and I say no and she finds a way to give me some anyway. She volunteered to pay for my ticket home, that is a huge relief and load off my mind. I am looking at flying out like the 17th of June so everybody better clear their calendars and I can't wait to see baby Audrey in person!

So here's a question (more for God but anyone can answer) - How does a father of four get killed by a drunk driver or a newly married husband with a baby on the way get killed in Iraq or a woman minding her own business get raped and killed randomly and a man who is high on meth decides to commit suicide and shoots himself like 15 times with a nail gun and go on to live a (relatively) healthy, normal life????????? Does that make any sense to anyone out there? Cause it doesn't to me but I guess that's why I am not God and I don't have to make those decisions.

5 comments:

Sarah Knapp said...

All I can say is God has a plan. And He keeps telling me not too ask too many questions and just go with it. Where ever it might lead;-) But the nails slays me, I mean seriously. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

To me only the nail gun guy makes sense. He lives because he is supposed to clean himself up. God gives second chances. I hope that the nail gun guy has in fact cleaned himself up and isn't on meth anymore.

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»